Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wonderfully Made

As I walked the halls of University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), a striking display captured my attention. I marveled at the complexities of the human body and Scripture came to mind from Psalm 139:14

... I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know full well.

My husband John and I know these halls well. For the past 9 years during his treatment of Multiple Myleoma, we've walked almost every area of this facility.    The first two years were the marathon walks. While John received infusion, I walked to clear my head of worrisome thoughts like: Will his body survive the brutal treatment? Will he reach remission? His body survived the treatment and achieved remission but unfortunately he relapsed May of 2017.

So, I stare at this display and remember the wonder of the human body's capacity to fight disease and recover. And I remember the prayers that were answered by a Creator who controls it all. I'll keep walking the halls of UAMS while waiting for whatever the outcome will be with this Multiple Myeloma.

Life is full of complexities...
So I'll marvel -
I'll praise.
It's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment